Inferno hosted video drivers for Linux. I started looking at this in the context of OLPC, but it seems like you might be able to do a hosted gstreamer driver for Inferno and suppot anything gstreamer does. Although perhaps a lower level of support (direct Video4Linux) should be considered.
I'm thinking mainly here of supporting web cams but I suppose extensions could support playback/etc.
- Device interface allowing capture of "snapshot" single frames, conversion to Inferno bitmap, and display
- Proper embedding of "preview" graphcs inside an Inferno display
- (stretch) video streaming over 9p connection
- (stretch) video playback from a 9p connection
- (stretch) photo-booth style capture of multiple frames
- (stretch) a version of faces showing live snapshots of whoever is logged into the server